Prep time: 15 minutes + freezing time
Cooking time: n/a
2 large bananas
½ c. plain Greek yogurt, full fat
6-oz. cream cheese, cut into chunks
¾ T. real vanilla extract
¼ c. honey, preferably local (or stevia)
Fresh banana slices
Crushed graham crackers
Tip: Regular vanilla extract will affect the color of this dish. To prevent this, choose a clear vanilla extract instead. However, be sure to read labels carefully because most clear extracts are imitation.
- Peel and cut bananas into thin slices. Place banana slices in a plastic freezer-safe bag and place in the freezer until frozen.
- Add yogurt, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and frozen banana slices to powerful blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth. (If necessary, add 2-3 tablespoons of water to the blender to loosen the mixture).
- While blending, drizzle in honey until thoroughly combined with other ingredients. Once blended, taste mixture and add more honey, if desired.
- Transfer contents of blender to a freezer safe dish and cover tightly. Place in freezer for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove from freezer and let sit on counter for 5-10 minutes to soften. Scoop into individual chilled serving dishes and garnish with slices of fresh banana or other favorite toppings.