Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 - 25 minutes
Tip: To keep your egg-filled avocados from tipping over while baking, position them over the holes of a muffin tin, rather than on a flat baking sheet, before placing them in the oven.
2 large ripe avocados
4 medium eggs
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
½ c. Cheddar Jack Cheese, shredded
3 strips sugar-free bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
Optional garnish: chives or green onions (green parts only), sliced thin
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pits. Use a spoon to carefully remove some of the avocado flesh around the pit to create more space for the egg. Reserve removed flesh for another use (or smash, season with salt and pepper to taste, and top each baked avocado half with a spoonful before serving).
3. Crack one egg into a small bowl and then carefully transfer the egg into one of the prepared avocado halves. Place the filled avocado onto the prepared baking sheet and repeat this process with the remaining avocado halves and eggs. Season each with salt and black pepper, to taste.
4. Place filled avocado halves in pre-heated oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked according to your preference.
5. Remove from oven and top each avocado half with shredded Cheddar Jack cheese and crispy bacon pieces. Garnish with chives or sliced green onions, if desired, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Carbs/Serving: * Total carbs: 7.9 g, Fiber: 5.9 g, Net carbs: 2 g *Source: VeryWell.com recipe analyzer