Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 minutes
2 large bunches kale, tough stems removed and torn into chunks
1½ - 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 T. smoked paprika
2 t. garlic powder
2 t. ground cumin
Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Wash kale leaves and dry completely before adding to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with a little olive oil and toss to combine while rubbing each leaf with your fingers to make sure it is evenly coated in oil.
- Sprinkle smoked paprika, garlic powder, and cumin on top of kale and season with sea salt, to taste. Toss until evenly combined.
- Arrange seasoned kale leaves on prepared baking sheet in a single layer, being careful to not overcrowd them. Work in batches, if necessary.
- Place baking sheet in pre-heated oven and bake for 5-6 minutes before rotating the pan. Bake for another 1-2 minutes. Do not overcook. Remove chips from oven when they are still mostly green, with only a tiny bit of brown developing.
- Let chips sit for 2-3 minutes to crisp up a bit more before serving. Enjoy!