2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 lb. small Brussels sprouts, rinsed and cut in half
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1/3 c. balsamic vinegar
1 T. real maple syrup
- Place oven rack in center position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron or other oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts to skillet and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sprouts begin to turn brown.
- Once browned, transfer the skillet into the preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove sprouts from oven once they are tender and start to turn a rich brown color.
- While the sprouts are roasting, add balsamic vinegar and maple syrup to a small skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat to medium. Continue stirring until the vinegar mixture reduces to about 1/3 of its original volume and becomes thick and syrupy. (Do not overcook or it will become too hard and sticky).
- To serve, transfer Brussels sprouts to a plate and drizzle lightly with balsamic glaze. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy immediately any entrée of your choice.