Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-18 minutes
4 6-oz. each salmon filets, preferably wild-caught Alaskan
3 TB fresh orange juice
2 tsp honey
3 TB extra virgin olive oil (or coconut oil)
2 TB balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1½ lb. asparagus, tough ends removed
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Place the salmon filets skin side down in the center of the baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange juice, honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and brush over the salmon.
- Add the asparagus to the bowl with the orange juice mixture and gently toss to combine. Season with additional salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Arrange asparagus around the salmon filets in a single layer and place sheet pan in pre-heated oven. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or just until the salmon is flaky and the asparagus develops a bit of color, being careful to not overcook the salmon.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!