Today, we’re headed over to the master closet.
Take a deep breath. Ready? Ok, let’s head in.
Be brutally honest with yourself. You do NOT need three sizes of clothes.
Get rid of items such as:
- Torn items
- Stained items
- Items that don’t fit
- You honestly don’t wear anymore or out of style.
If you haven’t worn it, donate it. If you wore it in high school, donate it. If you still have pregnancy clothes and your baby has gone off to college, donate them.
Keep one “diet” dress stashed in the back of the closet if you wish. You know, the one that you are going to wear when you lose “the weight”. Consider just hanging on to one, though, not a whole other wardrobe.
- Get rid of the ratty, metal hangers from the dry cleaners.
- Sort through your remaining clothes and organize them.
Featured Product: (My referral link)
You can put outfits together or color code everything, starting with whites and gradually progressing through all the colors, darker and darker until you hit blacks.
- Put any out of season gear in pretty bins or baskets on your shelf.
- Sort through your shoes. Line them up neatly.
Toss out any shoes that are tattered or broken, don’t fit or give you blisters. In fact, what is the point of keeping a pair of shoes that you never wear because you can’t balance in them? They just take up space.
Stand back and take a moment to admire all your hard work.