Our human nature desires security and instinctively fights for survival. We long for peace. We seek health, happiness, financial security and safety. We MUST have food and shelter at the very least.
So what do we do while we’re living in times when we begin to fear the lack of protection for our children and our families? How do we except the vast changes in our modern society?
How do you overcome fear during fearful times? The answers are quite simple…
1. We embrace the ONE who does NOT change. (Hebrews 13:8) kjv
2. We remain confident in God’s PROMISES because God cannot lie! (Titus 1:2) kjv
3. We continue to build our FAITH more than our FEARS by staying in God’s Word. (Romans 10:17) kjv
4. We rest in the Lord.
“Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.” (Psalms 37:7) kjv
*In fact, just read the WHOLE chapter of Psalms 37 and you’ll be encouraged! 🙂
5. We stand in awe at what a great, powerful God we serve! (Psalms 147:5) kjv
6. We comfort one other with these words! Jesus is coming back soon! (verse below)
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. – I Thessalonians 4:17,18 kjv