The secret to success with this recipe is finding the right balance between the tangy Greek yogurt and more mild cream cheese. If you use regular yogurt instead, you may want to use a little more because it is less creamy than Greek varieties.
(Note: If you’re eating Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle, this would definitively be considered a crossover (which is fine now and then), but it wouldn’t be recommended if you’re still trying to lose weight. To make this more THM-friendly, use nonfat yogurt, stevia and 1/3 less fat cream cheese.)
*Featured product: (my referral link)
The KETO Ice Cream Scoop: 52 amazingly delicious ice creams and frozen treats for your low-carb high-fat life
Banana Cream Frozen Yogurt
Prep time: 15 minutes + freezing time
Cooking time: n/a
2 large bananas
½ c. plain Greek yogurt, full fat
6-oz. cream cheese, cut into chunks
¾ T. real vanilla extract
¼ c. honey, preferably local (or stevia)
Fresh banana slices
Crushed graham crackers
Tip: Regular vanilla extract will affect the color of this dish. To prevent this, choose a clear vanilla extract instead. However, be sure to read labels carefully because most clear extracts are imitation.
- Peel and cut bananas into thin slices. Place banana slices in a plastic freezer-safe bag and place in the freezer until frozen.
- Add yogurt, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and frozen banana slices to powerful blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth. (If necessary, add 2-3 tablespoons of water to the blender to loosen the mixture).
- While blending, drizzle in honey until thoroughly combined with other ingredients. Once blended, taste mixture and add more honey, if desired.
- Transfer contents of blender to a freezer safe dish and cover tightly. Place in freezer for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove from freezer and let sit on counter for 5-10 minutes to soften. Scoop into individual chilled serving dishes and garnish with slices of fresh banana or other favorite toppings.