In the busyness of life, we need to remember to stay watchful of attacks from Satan. He constantly walks around looking for someone to devour. Sometimes we fall prey to his antics; he’s a master at deceit. We might find ourselves getting angry and blaming others for our problems, when in reality there’s a REAL spiritual battle going on with Satan and his demons.
Satan wants to destroy your home, your marriage, your testimony…and most of all your faith!
Looking back to the Garden of Eden, we can learn that Satan often mixes just a little bit of truth in with his lies so that we will be easily deceived. It’s important to know the Truth from God’s Word to avoid being deceived. We should always be wearing the Amour of God to be ready to confront these attacks from the Devil. (Ephesians 6:11-18)
I Peter 5:9 reminds us to resist the Devil by staying “steadfast in the faith”. The battles of war are not won gracefully. It takes boldness, courage and much endurance…and of course, being prepared with the right weapons.
Our sufferings and trials here on earth are temporary. Yes, they do feel long and gruesome at times, but the God of all grace wants to bring you through these sufferings to make you compete by strengthening your faith.
We do not become better Christians simply going to church and singing hymns and listening to the preaching of God’s Word once a week at church. It’s the daily walk and practicing of our faith through trials that help us to grow into mature Christians.
When you find yourself facing attacks from Satan do these things:
- Read MORE of God’s Word. (Out loud as well!) Also, quote God’s Word… memorizing Scripture helps with the battle so that we can pull out God’s Word (our sword) in the moment of need to resist the Devil.
- Pray. Ask your friends to pray. Pray together with your family. Each time you feel overwhelmed, stop to pray!
- Play Christian music that glorifies our Heavenly Father. Play songs that strengthen your faith and trust in the Lord Jesus.
- Praise God. Keep praising Him all through the day. Let Satan know your faith is still in God above.
- Sing songs of praise yourself. (It’s good to listen to Christian music, but let songs of praise come from your own mouth.) *Yesterday I kept singing “My God is so big, so strong and so mighty there’s nothing my God cannot do” and also “My Lord knows the way through the wilderness, all I need to do is follow.” Today, I feel my burden lighter. God is so good! 🙂
- Keep doing what you know is right to do. Keep going to church. Keep serving the Lord!
Keep these verses in mind this week….
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
I Peter 5:8-10
God bless you and your family,
Thank you for this. It goes right along with some CD’s I’ve been listening to this week.
Inez, that’s so great to hear. 🙂 I have a favorite CD as my “go to” music that really helps me through the storms of life.
Thank you Rhonda for the encouragement . I think I have been dealing with faith and the lack there of and then I read several verses yesterday about pleasing the Lord and I wondered what I was doing daily that pleases him them I was taken to the verse in Hebrews where it talks about without faith it is impossible to please him .
My faith has been weak because I am weak , I haven’t been faithful to read his word and have resisted at times because of some bitterness . But praise the Lord that when I opened his word that he was right there and he showed me somethings that are able to help . God is so good and I to love to sing and listen to music that is glorifying him and that’s one thing I’ve found myself not doing in my home through the day is playing some music and keeping those songs on my heart – so today I needed encouragement and the Lord sure used this little devotion to help .! So thank you , the Lord shall be well pleased with your faithfulness in being a good steward .
Thank you, Pamela, for sharing your thoughts… I do know we have a constant battle at hand…and we all have to work at it daily. Your comment has encouraged me as well. Thank YOU!! May God bless you and your family.